- Announcement Number: BAMAKO-2018-005
- Hiring Agency: Embassy Bamako
- Position Title: Diplomatic Security Regional Security Technician (Diplomatic Security Regional Security Tech-1210)
- Open Period: 12/13/2018 – 01/03/2019
Vacancy Time Zone: GMT
- Series/Grade: LE – 1210 7
- Salary: XOF CFA8,251,755 – XOF CFA8,251,755
- Promotion Potential: LE-7
- Duty Location(s): 1 Vacancy in Bamako, ML
- For More Info:
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency: For USEFM – FS is 7. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- Summary: The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (4 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Not Required
Basic Function of the Position:
Conducts inspections, installations, preventative maintenance, and emergency repair of unclassified technical security, counterterrorism, and life-safety equipment deployed by Diplomatic Security (DS) at U.S. diplomatic missions overseas. Studies and make recommendations for ways to improve the effectiveness of the security systems at U.S. diplomatic missions in the Technical Security Office (TSO) Bamako region including (0) constituent posts. Directly supervised by the Officer In Charge (OIC) of TSO Bamako.
Qualifications and Evaluations
At least five (5) years of hands-on field experience in major repairs and installation of systems and equipment that may include a combination of: electrical, electronic, hydraulic, heavy-duty mechanical, CCTV, public address, AVBCS, to include associated experience in interpreting architectural and engineering design drawings as related to these types of work is required.
Install, troubleshoot, and repair electrical and electronic systems, hydraulic and/or pneumatic equipment. Work with different types of steel, concrete, and masonry wall construction, anchors, and bolts. Awareness of general responsibilities of Mission agencies/offices outside of the Technical Security Office Bamako section.
- Education Requirements:
Completion of a two (2) year diploma in Electronics/Electrical/Mechanical engineering from a reputed institution is required.
Level III English is required.“This may be tested”.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Able to read blueprints and schematic diagrams of electrical and mechanical drawings, make minor adjustments and repairs. Ability to use electronic test equipment. Use knowledge and skills to independently repair security equipment. Use MS Excel, Word, and Internet search engines. Ability to be trained on use of CMMS software or other specialized programs. Use lifting equipment and/or direct coordination of unskilled laborers. Able to do basic keyboard (25 WPM) and basic math functions.
- EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in (insert post and/or country name) may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Other Information:
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
How to Apply:
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust Certificate.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site at https://ml.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/.
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Current Resume
- Passport or ID copy
- Degree (not transcript)
- Driver’s License
- Letter(s) of recommendation
- List of references
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Bamako/Mali