- Announcement Number: BAMAKO-2018-01
- Hiring Agency: Embassy Bamako
- Position Title: ATA SPEAR FSN LOGISTICS AND LIAISON COORDINATOR (ATA SPEAR FSN LOGISTICS AND LIAISON COORDINATOR)
- Open Period: 11/23/2018 – 12/07/2018Format MM/DD/YYYY
- Series/Grade: LE – 0105 7
- Salary: (XOF) CFA8,251,755 – (XOF) CFA8,251,755
- Promotion Potential: LE-7
- Duty Location(s): 1 Vacancy inBamako, ML
- For More Info:
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
For USEFM – FS is 7. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C. All Interested Applicants / All SourcesSecurity Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- Supervisory Position: Yes
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Not Required
- Basic Function of the Position:Position will provide logistical support for the to the approximately $2 million Anti-Terrorism Assistance (ATA)/Special Program for Embassy Augmentation and Response (SPEAR) at USEMB Bamako. Position will also provide and maintain liaison with the Government of Mali (GOM), and other international embassies and organizations who share similar security concerns. Position will take lead in the acceptance, coordination and delivery of all ATA/SPEAR training courses and programs, while also lending assistance to visiting ATA/SPEAR in-country mentor(s), instructors, and other personnel/trainers. Position will report directly to the the ARSO tasked with the SPEAR Program, and the Senior Foreign Service National Investigator (SFSNI).
- EXPERIENCE: Three to five years of prior experience in administration, logistics, personnel management and project implementation, and/or coordination with law enforcement, military, judicial or international organizations.JOB KNOWLEDGE: Familiarity with computers, to include a working proficiency of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Familiarity with Malian civilian security organizations, basic security principals, and a general understanding of the US Embassy’s mission and function in Mali..
- Education Requirements:
A college degree is required. Candidates for the position will have a degree in Public Administration, Security, General Management and/or Business, Human Resources, Criminal Justice or English
English language level three (3) is required-“This may be tested”
French language level four (4) is required-“This may be tested”
Level four (4) in Bambara is also required-“This may be tested”
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to interact effectively with persons at all levels of government and the private sector. Must be able to think independently and think critically. Must be able to successfully manage multiple projects at the same time. Must have a Malian Driver License and be able to drive two and four-wheeled vehicles. Ability to lift 70lb.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
- Agency Benefits:
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in (insert post and/or country name) may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Other Information:
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local Background Investigation Clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site https://ml.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/.
Required Documents:Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Passport or ID copy
- Copy of Certified Degree
- Driver’s License
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- Letter(s) of recommendation
- List of references
Next Steps:Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in BAMAKO,MALI.