Announcement Number: Bamako – 2018 – 039
Position Title: Gardener
Period: October 15 – 2018 – October 27 –2018
Series/Grade: FSN-2 step 1 Salary: 2,796,927 F CFA. Actual salary determined by Washington D.C
For More Info: E-mail Address: Bamakojob@state.gov
Who May Apply? All interested candidates/ All sources – All Agencies.
Security Clearance Required: Local Security Certification
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
Summary: The U.S. Mission in Bamako is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Gardener.
The incumbent performs general gardening services by planting and maintaining gardens and lawns in the Embassy and associated agency residential and office buildings.
Supervisory Position: No
– Planting and maintaining gardens and lawns at the New Embassy Compound (NEC) and other Mission owned/leased buildings, including offices and residences of principal officials;
– Soil preparation, fertilization, cultivation and watering for the purpose of planting and maintaining gardens and lawns;
– Uses hand and power tools common to the grounds keeping trade;
– Exercises Sound Safety Practices at all times.
Note: This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by incumbent. Incumbent will be required to perform other duties as assigned by the agency.
Qualifications and Evaluations
Education: Completion of elementary school is required.
Requirements Experience: Six (6) months of gardening experience is required.
Job knowledge: Must know how to plant and care for plants and flowers.
Evaluations Language: English and French level I is required. English language will be tested.
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
Other information: HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS:
Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application.
Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re- employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link: https://careers.state.gov/downloads/files/definitions-for-va
How to Apply: All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local Security Certification.
Applicants must submit a Universal Application for Employment DS-174, which is available on the American Embassy website.
To apply for this position, applicants should electronically submit the documents listed below.
All applications must be sent to Bamakojob@state.gov with the position title listed in the subject line of the email.
Required Documents: Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Certified copy of Degree
- Letter(s) of recommendation ( if any)
- Copy of ID card
- List of references
- CV in English
What to Expect Next: Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
For further information: the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Bamako.