SUBJECT: VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: 17-014
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates / All Sources
The “Open To” category listed above refers to candidates who are eligible to apply for this position. The “Open To” category should not be confused with a “hiring preference” which is explained later in this vacancy announcement.
POSITION: WELDER TEAM LEADER FSN-05; FP-09
OPENING DATE: October 23, 2017
CLOSING DATE: November 01, 2017
WORK HOURS: Full-time, 40 hours per week (plus overtime)
SALARY: Ordinarily Resident (OR): FSN-5 – 3,812,057 F CFA per year
Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR) FP-7* – US$ 33,700 per year
*Final grade/step for NORs will be determined by Washington.
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS (See Appendix for definition) MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Embassy in Bamako is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Welder Team Leader in the Facilities Management Section (FM).
NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are being considered. Thank you for your understanding.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
The welder Team Leader supervises two welders. He determines the appropriate welding methods and equipment to be utilized for jobs such as: metal doors, pool fences, emergency egresses, locksmith, generator exhausts and other small projects support. He works under the supervision of the maintenance Forman special projects.
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- Elementary education is required.
- Four years’ experiences in welding and two of the four years with supervisory experience.
- Minimum Level III French, English level I. English proficiency will be tested.
- Must be able to perform arc and gaz welding operations.
- A valid driving license is required for this position.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
The complete position description listing all of the duties and responsibilities may be obtained on our website at BamakoJob@state.gov and/or by contacting the Human Resources Office at 2070-2511/2314/2315/2316.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS:
When qualified, applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
(3) FS on LWOP**
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of the most recent Member Copy Four (4) of the DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, and, if applicable, a letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. If claiming conditional eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference, applicants must submit proof of conditional eligibility. If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy announcement, the U.S. Veterans’ preference will not be considered in the application process. Mission HR’s decision on eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference after reviewing all required documentation is final.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
Management may consider the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
The candidate must be able to obtain and hold the following:
– Local Security Certification
– Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on our website https://mali.usembassy.gov/job_announcements.html or by contacting Human Resources. (See “For Further Information” above);
- Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, etc.)
Note: Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174) is the ONLY APPLICATION FORM used when applying for job with the US Embassy Bamako.
WHERE TO APPLY:
ALL THE APPLICATIONS MUST BE SENT TO BamakoJob@state.gov WITH THE POSITION TITLE: WELDER TEAM LEADER AS SUBJECT.
**Mailed (paper/hard copies) applications will NOT be accepted.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs. The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.