Location city: Bamako
Location country: Mali
Closing date: 30 Apr 2006
Purpose Of Position:To develop new projects/programs for World Vision Mali and coordinate implementation and reporting of the existing projects/programs with strategic focus on transformational development.
– Explore opportunities for accessing major Grants.
– Design and lead the process of projects/programs proposal writing to ensure funding expansion.
– Oversee all projects/programs management to ensure compliance with donor agreement.
– Support Area Development Program operations and Child Sponsorship/Customer Relations Service.
– Ensure that proper accounting systems and practices are in place within the Operations Department, so as to facilitate the approval of funding for projects/programs. Ensure all projects/programs remain within budget.
– Oversee Operations Department compliance with all relevant sections of the Field Financial Manual.
– Support Project Managers in ensuring high standards of grant management and compliance for all government grant funded projects.
– Develop and maintain good relationships with major (government/private) donors including hosting visitors, responding to communications, and ensuring that donor requirements are met.
– Ensure that audit reports and audit findings are distributed to project managers and to all senior programs staff, and that implementation plans are developed for the recommendations of the reports.
– Oversee implementation of audit recommendations in projects/programs.
– Support and supervise special program/project managers, and monitor the progress of projects, including frequent visits to projects and communities.
– Assess the effectiveness of current projects and identify possibilities for new projects.
– Maintain regular contact with other international non-governmental organizations and government officials in an effort to obtain experience and co-ordinate information regarding current and future works in the country.
– Participate in the recruitment, selection and development of programs staff.
– Produce Programs Team monthly reports.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training.
– Aware of and willing to support the organization in the pursuit of World Vision’s mission statement and have personal and family lifestyles that are consistent with World Vision core values.
– Master’s degree required in international development, business administration, public health, economics, rural development.
– Strong competence in grant proposal writing.
– Excellent written and verbal communication and relational skills, especially in a cross-cultural environment, and ability to analyze and solve problems, persuade, network and negotiate.
– Able to work as part of a team as a positive contributor/ encourager.
– Excellent proven track record of donor relations with multiple donors.
– Strong planning and organizational skills and ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks. Ability to work gracefully under pressure.
– Demonstrated ability to work well with national staff and a passion for capacity building, staff and organizational development
– Computer literate in Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes or similar database, email and Internet.
– Ability to communicate at high level in English and French required.
– Five year’s experience with international development or relief projects
preferably within World Vision with at least two year’s experience in a senior management role in a developing country required. Previous experience working in an Islamic environment is an asset.
– Experience in supporting Area Development Program Management.
– Demonstrated experience in programme or project design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and report writing, preferred.
Please apply on-line through the employment web page on the WVI website https://www.wvi.org/wvi/employment/employment.htm.If you experience technical difficulties with the WVI website please report the problem to Africa email@example.com listing’Technical Difficulties’in the subject line.
Location city: Bamako