Catholic Relief Services, USCCB, « CRS » Mali is recruiting the following staff for its program: Emergency Program Manager – M/F
Applications including a detailed curriculum vitae, a cover letter, a valid criminal record (only mandatory once selected for the position) and the contacts of three references, including the one from the last job, must be received no later than November 20th, 2021 at the following email address: email@example.com with the following subject: « Application for the position of: » Emergency Program Manager « .
NB: Any application that does not include the above-mentioned subject will not be considered. Only those selected for testing will be contacted.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
« The CRS places special emphasis on family values, including maternity and paternity leave, policies that promote exclusive breastfeeding, availability of a crèche in the office and working flexible hours whenever possible ».
In applying for this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to: treat all people with dignity and respect and actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation and trafficking. Furthermore, I understand that if I am a successful applicant, I will be subject to a thorough background check and that my personal/ professional references will be used to assess my behaviour related to the above protection topics.
|Position Title:||Emergency Program Manager|
|Reports to:||RRM-Kisili Director|
|Location:||Mali – Bamako|
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, peacebuilding, agriculture, and microfinance.
You will contribute to providing management of CRS’ Mali Country Program’s (CP’s) emergency programming ensuring the establishment and successful implementation of high-quality emergency programs serving the poor and vulnerable. Your management and programming skills will ensure that the CP delivers high-quality emergency programming and continuously works towards improving the impact of its programming. In emergency department, you will work primarily in the Rapid Response Mechanism project – Kisili, which is in its fourth phase of implementation.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Facilitate the design of CP emergency frameworks and plans, including resource mobilization strategies to optimize the impact of emergency programming interventions in line with regional and agency strategic priorities.
- Support emergency project teams in managing and implementing all activities throughout relevant emergency project cycles – project design, start-up, implementation and close-out – to ensure efficient and effective implementation in line with CRS emergency program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices. Ensure emergency project teams and partner staff use the appropriate systems and tools.
- Contribute to high-quality and timely donor and other stakeholder communications, including updates, activity reports, and quarterly/annual reports. Ensure proper use of donor templates and CRS branding in all communications.
- Contribute to high-quality emergency project design incorporating emergency project management standards and MEAL methods, appropriate to scope, context and technical requirements of projects. Coordinate planning of activities for particular projects to ensure integration of program interventions and efficiency in implementation.
- Contribute to creating and maintaining the proper conditions for learning around emergency programming. Contribute to a safe environment for the sharing of ideas, solutions, and difficulties and the capacity to detect, analyze and respond quickly to small deficiencies. Promote accountability, learning and knowledge management for emergency programming as part of the implementation of the MEAL policy.
- Coordinate with CP operations staff to ensure appropriate emergency project budgeting and efficient use and stewardship of emergency project material resources.
- Coordinate the identification, assessment and strengthening of appropriate partnerships and the appropriate application of partnership concepts, tools and approaches.
- Contribute where needed in the business development cycle to ensure quality emergency proposals per agency and donor standards.
- Coordinate technical assistance and capacity strengthening for emergency project teams and partners in project management standards and related MEAL, business development and operational activities. Help identify emergency training opportunities, develop emergency training curriculums and deliver trainings.
- Master’s Degree in International Development, International Relations or relevant field.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in an emergency program management position with progressive responsibilities at an international NGO.
- Good experience in emergency project grants management, including project design, budget preparation, expenditure tracking, monitoring and evaluation, reporting, etc., preferably for projects funded by multiple public donors, including USAID and the European Union.
- Experience with successful business development activities capturing public and/or private donor funding.
Required Languages – English (native fluency), French
Travel – Up to 15%, circumstances permitting
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
- Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
- Team leadership abilities
- Presentation and facilitation skills
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
- Excellent English writing skills.
- Experience engaging partners and strengthening partnerships. Experience working with Church partners a plus.
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
- Some experience and abilities in capacity strengthening – developing curricula and facilitating trainings.
- Experience using MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information and budget management systems, and knowledge sharing networks.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Key Working Relationships
Internal: Kisili team, other emergency project team members, Finance, Procurement
External: USAID/BHA staff, Partner staff, Clusters, OCHA, RRM actors, local NGOs, Government
What we offer
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vision, generous retirement savings plan and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
EOE/M/F/D/V – CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.