L'offre a expiré.
La SAER-emploi, Société Africaine d’Études et de Réalisations, spécialisée dans le recrutement et conseil en ressources humaines, recrute pour la Société des Mines Komana (SMK-SA) : Safety Manager
|Principal Job Objectives:||Responsible for supervision and oversight of SMK Safety department including development and implementation of the SMK Safety Management System with the aim to achieve a Zero Harm workplace.|
|Duties & Responsibilities:|
- Develop and implement a lean and effective Safety Management System for Yanfolila Project in line with international standards (ISO), including but not limited to the following elements:
- Policy and leadership
- Risk Assessment
- Safe working practices for all areas
- Training needs and assessment
- Inspection and monitoring
- Contractor management
- Reporting framework and Key Performance Indicators
- Change management
- Operational procedures
- Continuous improvement
- Report to GM on a weekly and monthly basis on OHS Management System performance
- Lead on incident investigation in partnership with other relevant departments and managers
- Undertake internal audit of Management System and ensure continuous improvement
- Lead on internal and external (community) health and safety campaigns
- Report to the HUM plc SHEC Committee and partake in regular SHEC Committee meetings and audits
- Government liaison, permitting and reporting at local, regional and national levels.
- Collaborate with senior managers across SMK to ensure work programme target/budgets are achieved.
- Preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly reports and updates as required, which compare actual results to budget against both physical and cost parameters.
- Ensures that the interests of the Company are upheld at any time.
- Lead by example in health, safety and community responsibilities. Must possess strong cultural sensitivity and be able to execute work successfully in a possibly challenging cultural environment.
- Promotes health and safety in the workplace and a safe and clean work environment.
- Compliance with all statutory regulations and procedures.
- Compliance with all the Company’s Policies and Procedures.
- Initiates and manages an ongoing departmental cost reduction and control programme and ensures that cost efficiencies are safely and efficiently maintained.
- Ensures the development of a practical and effective schedule of work to accomplish work objectives.
|Knowledge / Skills|
- Good peoples and leadership skills. Must be able to demonstrate the values of integrity, respect and collaboration.
- Good safety and health knowledge with focus on issues including occupational health, behaviour based safety and continuous improvement
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office. Experience with safety management system required
- Strong communication skills with ability to speak and write fluently in English and French
- Must possess strong cultural sensitivity and be able to execute work successfully in a different culture.
- Proven inter-personal and leadership skills demonstrated by progressive responsibility throughout career.
- Demonstrated commitment to ensuring a safe working environment.
- Sound judgement and analytical skills.
- Task and results driven.
|Training / Education requirements:|
- Further advanced studies (MSc or equivalent) in relevant field
- Training in management system (i.e. ISO or equivalent) development and implementation
- Working knowledge of exploration and/or mining
- 10 years + experience in safety or health related role
- Current drivers’ License.
- Computer literacy (Word Processing, Spreadsheet).
- Native French and Bambara, fluent written and spoken English
NB: Les postes sont ouverts à tous les ressortissants des pays membres de la CEDEAO/UEMOA qui communique couramment en anglais/ Français et Bambara.
Les candidatures (CV et lettre de motivation), sont à envoyer uniquement par e-mail à: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Veuillez mentionner dans votre dossier de candidature le titre du poste pour lequel vous postulez.
Date limite de dépôt le 21/09/2018.