|Principal Job Objectives:||Responsible for supervision and oversight of SMK Community department including delivery of Local Sustainable Development Plan, development and implementation of Stakeholder Engagement Plan, management of land acquisition and artisanal mining issues across the Project that maintains and enhances SMK social licence to operate.|
|Duties & Responsibilities:|
- Drive the implementation of the Environmental and Social Management System (ESMS) for the Yanfolila Project, including developing and implementing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Supervise community officers in support of ESMS implementation
- Government liaison, permitting and reporting at local, regional and national levels.
- Representation of the Company at relevant forums (public meetings, workshops, government events etc)
- Development and planning of community investment projects in line with business and community objectives.
- Writing of budgets and project proposals
- Monitoring project implementation
- Development of Key Performance Indicators
- Collaborate with senior managers across SMK to ensure work programme target/budgets are achieved.
- Mentor and lead the staff within the Community Department to increase their skills and knowledge.
- Preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly reports and updates as required, which compare actual results to budget against both physical and cost parameters.
- Report to the HUM plc SHEC Committee and partake in regular SHEC Committee meetings and audits
- Ensures that the interests of the Company are upheld at any time.
- Lead by example in health, safety and community responsibilities. Must possess strong cultural sensitivity and be able to execute work successfully in a possibly challenging cultural environment.
- Promotes health and safety in the workplace and a safe and clean work environment.
- Compliance with all statutory regulations and procedures.
- Compliance with all the Company’s Policies and Procedures.
- Initiates and manages an ongoing departmental cost reduction and control programme and ensures that cost efficiencies are safely and efficiently maintained.
- Ensures the development of a practical and effective schedule of work to accomplish work objectives.
|Knowledge / Skills|
- Good peoples and leadership skills. Must be able to demonstrate the values of integrity, respect and collaboration.
- Good social, community and development knowledge with focus on issues including livelihood development, health and hygiene and agriculture
- Experience working with artisanal miners in the context of large scale mining project development
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office. GIS skills highly desirable. Experience with management system software considered a plus.
- Strong communication skills with ability to speak and write fluently in English and French
- Must possess strong cultural sensitivity and be able to execute work successfully in a different culture.
- Proven inter-personal and leadership skills demonstrated by progressive responsibility throughout career.
- Demonstrated commitment to ensuring a safe working environment.
- Sound judgement and analytical skills.
- Task and results driven.
|Training / Education requirements:|
- Further advanced studies (MSc or equivalent) in relevant field
- Training in management system (i.e. ISO or equivalent) development and implementation
- Working knowledge of exploration and/or mining
- 10 years + experience in community relations / livelihood development / stakeholder engagement
- Current drivers’ License.
- Computer literacy (Word Processing, Spreadsheet).
- Native French and Bambara, fluent written and spoken English