Communication Specialist, University Clinical Research Center (UCRC)
The UCRC is a collaborative partnership formed in 2013 between the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Higher Education of Mali, the University of Sciences, Techniques and Technologies of Bamako, Mali (USTTB), and the, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) of National Institutes of Health (NIH), Bethesda, Maryland.
This collaborative partnership aims to:
- Facilitate the development of a coordinated clinical research Laboratory in Mali
- Enhance the existing clinical research Laboratories and facilitate their growth and sustainability
- Stimulate clinical research in West Africa that is guided by international standards and principles
- Develop an excellent research environment that will foster collaborations and attract researchers worldwide
The Communication Specialist provides administrative and management support to the UCRC Director and Deputy Director for all laboratories supported by the UCRC. The position will be based at the USTTB Bamako, Mali.
- Actively participate in implementation of the vision and strategic plan to guide the organization
- development and coordination for media relations and communications to promote the UCRC clinical research program occurring in Mali.
- Consults with research leadership, management, stakeholders, communication liaisons and other functional entities (e.g., Social Mobilization Committee).
Operational planning and Management
- Serve as the day-to-day communication point of contact for the UCRC working with Mali Service Center (MSC), Leidos, and NIAID personnel regarding communication requests.
- Coordinates and collaborates with appropriate team members to plan, develop, and produce promotional tools, written newsletters or other meeting summaries that support awareness strategies for the UCRC Program.
- Defines marketing and communication objectives and strategies, and translates strategies into communication tactics, including project management, planning, scheduling, and budgeting.
- Manages the preparation of public relations projects, media advertising, and recommends the media/communication strategy in collaboration with other key stakeholders best suited to communicate research and community awareness activities and result.
- Researches and develops content for communication and media activities.
- Implement and document measures to control risks.
- Provide regular updates on risk management implementation and deviations to the UCRC Director.
Desired Education and Skills:
Education and experience
- Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree is required from an accredited college/university according to the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) preferably in Public Relations or four (4) years related experience in lieu of degree.
- A minimum of six (6) years of media/public relations experience is required.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills in French and in English
- Ability to create viable press releases and manage public events
- Ability to create a communications protocol to effectively describe and promote using graphics, brochures, company or product fact sheets, logos, or other promotional products
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks simultaneously
To Apply: Email the following documents at the following Email addresses email@example.com
- An application letter:
- Detailed curriculum vitae (with the names, phone numbers and email addresses of three referees and copy of certificate or diploma legalized),
- A letter of motivation
Apply By: May 31st, 2017